Queensland Drones works with farmers, agronomists, seed suppliers, rural stores, crop consultants, grower groups and agriculture departments to help improve farm outcomes through application of precision agriculture techniques.
Our specialised on-farm services include:
- NDVI crop health surveys and mapping
- Ground-based EM soil conductivity analysis
- Lidar-based water flow and water accumulation analysis
- Precision terrain and contour mapping for dam and crop planning
- Precision fertiliser application maps based on soil type
- Precision seed planting maps based on soil nutrition
- Progress mapping of crop health throughout the growing season
- Rapid proof of loss for insurance claims after storms and floods
- Development of detailed farm infrastructure maps
It’s like being able to see your farm from a 10,000-foot altitude, but also being able to zoom in to two inches above the plants. There’s no other system that can do that.Rob Eggert, TDS fertilizer
Our on-farm survey services can quickly and cost-effectively help you to:
- Detect and locate crop parasites and fungi
- Estimate plant counts to verify planting costs
- Accirately map farm infrastructure
- Analyse crop health at different stages of growth
- Prove effectiveness of soil remediation and crop treatments
- Generate variable rate application maps for pesticides and fertilisers
- Get proof of crop damage for insurance claims
- Assess field slope and drainage after harvest
To find out more, give us a call on 0439 383202 or simply complete our online enquiry form and we’ll contact you.
NDVI crop surveys, 3d farm models and farm infrastructure surveys
Queensland Drones is a professional and CASA-certified provider of NDVI crop health surveys, 3D virtual farm models and farm infrastructure maps. Our combination of fast, long-distance fixed wing aircraft and high-precision quadcopter drones delivers the flexibility to produce outstanding results for farmers and growers. We can also provide high quality aerial video of your tilling, planting, growing and harvesting for your records or to show remote investors.
NDVI crop health imaging can provide an early warning of crop stress and crop health issues including irrigation problems, lack of nutrition, weed and pest invasion, disease and more.
Farm models captured using drones can help you visualise your farm like never before. Our 3d virtual farm modelling service allows you to see your entire farm in more detail than ever before. Slide the bar above left and right to see the real difference NDVI crop health imaging makes over ordinary RGB crop images.
Slide the centre of the above orthophoto to see the NDVI results for a 400 acre macadamia plantation on the Sunshine Coast. Our 3D virtual farms models can make even more difference to your farm management outcomes. Rotate and view your property from any direction and from any angle to plan new crops, dams, fences and roads.
Our farm infrastructure surveys show a full, high-definition picture of your farm from above, with accurate locations of fences, gates, dams, roads and other services. This imagery is up to 100 times better and more accurate than satellite or Google Maps. With aerial farm mapping you can:
- Quickly see the locations of gates, fences, dams, water courses, roads, buildings and more
- Easily identify and mark up land capability areas and soil management zones
- Locate and tag areas of interest including sites where soil or plant analysis has been undertaken, hazardous areas, areas that are boggy after rain, etc
- Overlay various different data sources including NDVI, EM soil analysis, LIDAR mapping, yield maps, etc and compare them
- Calculate distances, volumes and area easily and quickly including paddocks, fence lines, roads, dams, etc
- Print accurate scale maps of your farm for planning or for use by employees, agronomists, crop consultants and contractors
We can even provide contour mapping of water flows across your land and provide estimates of cut and fill required to level land, remove stockpiles and dig new dams.
Queensland Drones provides professional, ground-based EM (electromagnetic) soil conductivity analysis mapping to determine the structure of your soil and it’s capacity to hold water and essential nutrients. Our EM38 Mk II soil conductivity analyser maps soil structure at planting depth (usually less than one metre) and at tap root depth (usually 1-2 metres) to help you better understand the underlying factors in the health and success of your crops.
Extensive trials coordinated by Growcom in partnership with Queensland Drones have shown a strong correlation between crop health (measured through NDVI mapping) and soil structure (measured through EM soil conductivity analysis) in a number of different crops.
Depending on your needs, we can provide GPS-enabled Geo-TIFF maps to load onto your iPad or Android tablet for crop scouting, or geo-tagged shape files to load into your GPS-enabled farm equipment.For more information about our on-farm mapping services, or to get a free no-obligation quote, call Tony on 0439 383202, send an email to [email protected] or simply complete and submit the enquiry form on our Contact Us page and we’ll give you a call to discuss your specific needs and how we can help.
Bought a drone and can’t do a thing with it?
We’re hearing from a lot of farmers and growers who’ve been sold drones on the basis that they’ll be able to do all kinds of things (like those described above), but when they get the drone back to the farm they find it doesn’t help all that much.
Drones by themselves won’t really help solve farm challenges. It’s the expertise developed over years of providing on-farm services in partnerships with experts that helps organisations like ours to provide effective and highly targeted farm services using drones.
But some of our clients are too far away for us to be able to visit as often as we’d like, so Queensland Drones has developed some drone training and support services we can provide to our farmers and growers who have their own drones.
If you have a drone and would like to know how to make better use of it on your farm, call Tony on 0439 383202, send an email to [email protected] or complete and enquiry form on our Contact Us page and we’ll give you a call to discuss how we can help.