Queensland Drones can provide a fast, efficient, safe and cost-effective way to gather the survey mapping data and images you need to manage your construction or development project. Compared to ground-based LIDAR imaging, aerial mapping can be 4-5 times faster and much safer. Compared to using conventional aerial photography, aerial mapping using drones is typically up to 90% cheaper and can provide accurate aerial mapping.
As a professional aerial survey company, some of the typical services we provide for aerial survey mapping using drones include:
- Surveying and mapping prior to commencement of construction
- Identifying terrain and topographical mapping features
- Creating mesh maps of existing buildings and structures
- Volumetric measurement of cut and fill areas
- Mapping and analysis of vegetation on site and surrounding the site
- Surveying and mapping after earthquakes, flooding and other disasters
- Mapping of archeological and historical sites
- Record of construction and development over time
We are not surveyors, but architects, engineers, developers, surveyors and builders are all increasingly turning to drone mapping surveys because they can vastly reduce both the time and cost of collecting accurate high-resolution data for large sites. We work in conjunction with your existing surveyors where required to ensure relevant standards are maintained.
At Queensland Drones we are on the leading edge of UAV aerial mapping technologies, employing both quadcopter drones and high-speed fixed wing drones for maximum coverage and flexibility.
This is NOT a photo but a 3D object! Use your right mouse button to navigate and the left mouse button to zoom.
Aerial mapping using UAVs is a revolution because the aerial inputs can be gathered in around 15 minutes per acre of land, without hiring expensive helicopters or light aircraft. Even large tracts of land are manageable with UAV mapping – for example, mapping inputs for 100 acres of land can be completed in less than one hour.
Aerial mapping has a wide range of outputs depending on your particular needs and applications.