Are you still sitting on the fence wondering if drones are going to be useful on your farm? You might well risk being left behind. A new Pulse survey by the US Farm Journal magazine has discovered that 33% of all US farmers are using, or are planning to use, drones to help manage their crops this year.
The Pulse survey of more than 1000 US farmers asked a very simple question … “Will you use a drone in your operations this year?”. One third of all respondents said they would use a drone, while another 31% said they would be keeping an open mind about adding drone operations to their farm in the near future.
Farmers in the USA are using drones on the farm for a variety of management activities including:
- Early identification of crop stressors (NDVI imaging)
- Creating farm infrastructure maps
- Planning new fields, roads and dams
- Inspecting tiles and drains
- Checking irrigation systems and pivots
- Capturing proof of hail and storm damage for insurance
- Scaring off birds and other wildlife pests
- Finding cattle and livestock on large properties
- Roof, silo, fence, gate and dam inspections
Queensland Drones provides both on-farm drone services and drone packages for farmers. Give us a call on 0439 383202 to discuss your needs, or complete the form below and we’ll contact you with some options.